Congratulations to our week 5 champion, Maddie Gardiner’s beam, which used a campaign boost from Oregon State to cruise to victory over Britney Ward’s vault in second and Kiana Winston’s floor in third. The race for third was close, with Winston’s floor just edging Price’s bars and Nichols’ beam.
|ROUTINE OF THE WEEK||1st||2nd||3rd|
|Week 1||Skinner, FX||Edney, VT||Nichols, UB|
|Week 2||Ward, VT||PP Lee, BB||Hambrick, FX|
|Week 3||Artz, FX||Childers, BB||Skinner, VT|
|Week 4||Ross, UB||McMurtry, VT||PP Lee, UB|
|Week 5||Gardiner, BB||Ward, VT||Winston, FX|
To the vote for week 6, a week replete with 10 after 10 after 10. After 10. After 10.
So, welcome to perfect score week! This week, the nominees are all the routines that received either 10.000 or 9.975 over the weekend, and it’s your job to rank them from most-deserving to least-deserving routine by way of your vote.
(There were nine routines that fit this criterion, and since I usually do ten nominees, I added Preston’s vault, which did also technically receive a perfect score of 9.950.)
1. Maggie Nichols, Oklahoma – Floor (10.000)
2. Peng-Peng Lee, UCLA – Bars (10.000)
3. Amelia Hundley, Florida – Bars (9.975)
4. Katelyn Ohashi, UCLA – Beam (9.975)
5. Rachel Slocum, Florida – Vault (9.975)
6. Ali Jackson, Oklahoma – Floor (9.975)
7. Madison Kocian, UCLA – Bars (10.000)
8. Alex McMurtry, Florida – Bars (10.000)
9. Kyla Ross, UCLA – Bars (9.975)
10. Madison Preston, UCLA – Vault (9.950)