Congratulations to our week 7 champion, Kyla Ross’s beam, which outpaced Elizabeth Price on bars and Nickie Guerrero on beam for Ross’s second title of the season and her first on beam.
|ROUTINE OF THE WEEK||1st||2nd||3rd|
|Week 1||Skinner, FX||Edney, VT||Nichols, UB|
|Week 2||Ward, VT||PP Lee, BB||Hambrick, FX|
|Week 3||Artz, FX||Childers, BB||Skinner, VT|
|Week 4||Ross, UB||McMurtry, VT||PP Lee, UB|
|Week 5||Gardiner, BB||Ward, VT||Winston, FX|
|Week 6||PP Lee, UB||Slocum, VT||Jackson, FX|
|Week 7||Ross, BB||Price, UB||Guerrero, BB|
To the vote for week 8! I hear you guys about the repetitiveness of the same routines being here week after week and I agree (it’s fun to dive a little deeper), so the theme for this week is routines that haven’t been nominated yet this season.
- Dani Dessaints, Oregon State – Vault (9.950)
2. Katie Bailey, Alabama – Vault (9.925)
3. McKenzie Wofford, Oklahoma – Bars (10.000)
4. Nicole Lehrmann, Oklahoma – Bars (10.000)
5. Kari Lee, Utah – Bars (9.975)
6. Taylor Krippner, Auburn – Beam (9.925)
7. Krysten Howard, Arizona – Beam (9.925)
8. Kristi Hayashida, Seattle Pacific – Beam (9.925)
9. Alex McMurtry, Florida – Floor (10.000)
10. Hallie Mossett, UCLA – Floor (9.975)
22 thoughts on “Best Routine of Week 8 Poll”
I liked so many of these, but the triple full that McMurtry did (that’s not even currently in the Elite Skill Database) makes her #1 for me this week.
McMurtry wasn’t even the first one to do a triple full at the meet at UF that night.
It’s not that she did one – it’s the quality of the one she did. Just stunning.
Omg that triple full tho 😍😍😍😍
The triple full decided it for me, too – with second place perhaps actually going to Kristen Howard (the mount being a tie-breaker for me with others). I couldn’t view the Oklahoma routines, so they weren’t an option for me. Loved seeing these, though! Some great vaults & beam along with the ringers on FX.
Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but that triple full was amazing. Had to vote for Macko, though. She’s been earning that 10.0 for YEARS.
My vote was between Kriysten and Kristi because I didn’t want to give it to someone who would normally be recognized for their routines. As much as I love Alex Mcmurtry’s triple full, Krysten Howard’s mount really just sealed the deal.
Also, gotta love Flo gymnastics, making Mckenzie Wofford’s bar routine STUPID FLO PRO. AND NO ONE HAS EVEN UPLOADED IT ILLEGALLY YET. THE ONE TIME SHE SCORES A TEN HAS TO BE THE TIME FLOGYMNASTICS COVERS IT.
Honestly, I’m so mad.
Me too! Sometimes they will release some free routines from the meets they cover (like Chayse Capps’ 10.0 beam last year and the highlights from the Florida North Carolina meet this year), but of course they didn’t this time. We should all riot.
Brenna needs to be nominated each week for landing with her chest completely straight every single time.
That was a pretty excellent vault. Brenna’s been really nailing them this year – makes me so happy to see!!
Lovely vault, but I actually thought Sydney Snead’s was a bit better than Dowell’s in the OU v. UGA meet. They both received well-deserved 9.95s, but I wouldn’t have had an issue with Snead getting a 10. Her form is amazing. I’m actually surprised isn’t wasn’t included in this weeks routines. I thought it was better than Dessaints vault (also a good vault tho).
I liked so many of these, but I ended up choosing Krippner. I’m just really impressed with how she’s progressed on beam. Last year, she fell so often. And this year she’s really become their star on the event; this was her fourth-straight 9.9+ on beam.
I do like Hallie’s floor routine but I always feel like something is missing. Just can’t put my finger on it. But after halfway through the routine it does get better. I voted for Howard. Her beam was amazing. And she was the lead off gymnast!? Beautiful routine, awesome dismount.
Jesus, who are these McMurtry voting machines?! I’ve never seen a single routine get so many votes. IM ACTUALLY SO SHOOK.
My thoughts exactly!!
Who was your pick this week, Madison?
Florida’s twitter posted a link to the poll
Ok, so I’m shocked by the standings. Here’s my thoughts:
I voted Krippner. Her beam wowed me with beauty and perfection start to finish.
– Wofford’s ten was a moment we have all been waiting for. Halleleuja! I was planning to vote for Wofford, until I saw that gorgeous beam.
– Lehrman’s bars was pretty identical to MacKenzie’s. But without the years waiting for the 10, and maybe slightly more held handstands.
– I’m blown away by McMurtry’s tumbling, her amplitude is insane, especially considering her training schedule. What this woman could accomplish with a healthy back – like easily a 4/1 twist. However, I find her dance lacking, epic gator chomp as always notwithstanding.
– I never knew I could love a side somi until I saw Hallie’s floor.
– Dani Dessaints’ Y1 1/2 might be the best we have seen in all of NCAA this year.
– And Howard’s beam was spectacular. I still don’t see where the judges came up with that 0.2 start value mistake. Thank goodness (or Tabitha Yim) that crack was resolved.
Good picks this week, Spencer! I love the new routines on here 🙂
Hallie Mossett, UCLA – Floor (9.975)
Hallie stuck her landings like a dart.
And her opening position is insane. “Don’t try this at home.”
Still don’t get how Hallie didn’t get a 10 for that. Two true sticks? Amazing.
I voted Katie Bailey. I just love Y1/2s and hers is so beautiful!
So true. You just don’t see them done like that anymore.
Comments are closed.