Who will take the title for week 3, a week peppered with 10s and 9.975s? (Usual disclaimer: If you don’t make videos of full routines available, I can’t nominate them. Even if they got 9.975. Cough cough, Pac-12 Network.) Continue reading Best Routine of Week 3 Poll→
Each week, I’ll put up the top routines of the previous weekend and let you guys vote on which routine wins the award for best of the week. Deciding the nominees is up to me (mwahahahaha) and is based on 3) score, 2) overall quality, and 1) which ones are easily available online—aka, which ones have been uploaded by our dear NastiaFan101. Because, you know, we need to be able to see them in order to vote for them. So if you want to vote for Elizabeth Price…get those meets to start taking place in the present day. With color televisions. And the iron horse.
Feel free to use the comments for reasoning and/or write-in votes.
Two days away from the NCAA season. Two. Let’s stoke our excitement with a little game.
Below are the 14 routines that received a 10.0 during the 2016 season. Having 14 different, theoretically perfect, theoretically equal routines is all a little “everyone’s a winner” for my taste. This isn’t 2015 worlds. So today, we’re going to pick an ultimate champion. The 10 of 10s. The best of the best. Watch the videos, then vote below. You’re encouraged to show your work in the comments.
Note: Gymnasts who received more than one 10 for a routine during the season are included only once per apparatus—for their best one—so Ashleigh Gnat isn’t nominated 165 times.
1. Nina McGee, Denver – Floor – January 9, 2016
2. Ashleigh Gnat, LSU – Vault – January 22, 2016
3. Bridget Sloan, Florida – Beam – January 29, 2016
4. Kennedy Baker, Florida – Floor – January 29, 2016
5. Chayse Capps, Oklahoma – Beam – February 5, 2016
7. Lauren Beers, Alabama – Vault – February 26, 2016
8. Brittany Rogers, Georgia – Vault – March 6, 2016
9. Danusia Francis, UCLA – Beam – March 6, 2016
10. Alex McMurtry, Florida – Bars – March 11, 2016
11. Bridget Sloan, Florida – Floor – March 11, 2016
12. Hanna Nordquist, Minnesota – Beam – March 12, 2016 This is the one 10 for which video has not materialized after the fact, so I’m including her 9.9125 from nationals instead. Shhh, don’t tell anyone, but this routine is several thousand times better than that 10, so I think it’s the one we should evaluate anyway.